24 National Register of Historic Places

Blairsville Armory

map icon
119 North Walnut Street
Blairsville, PA 15717

One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


Buffalo, Rochester and Pittsburgh Railway Indiana Passenger Station

map icon
1125 Philadelphia Street
Indiana, PA 15701

One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


Commodore Historic District

map icon
Roughly bounded by PA Route 286, Vanderbilt Avenue, Musser Street and Fisher Avenue


One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


Downtown Indiana Historic District

map icon
Roughly bounded by Water Street, Seventh Street, Sixth Street, and Wayne Avenue


One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


George Diehl Homestead

map icon
on Diehl Road, off Route 422 East of Indiana


One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


Harmon Bridge

map icon


Harmon BridgeHarmon Bridge, which was built in 1910 at a cost of $525, is 45 feet long and was named after Civil War veteran J.S. Harmon. Built by John R. Carnahan, Harmon Bridge is constructed with town lattice trusses. It is considered a companion bridge to Trusal Bridge and is located on the south branch of Plum Creek just off Five Points Road.


Indiana Armory

map icon
621 Wayne Avenue (directly behind Clark House)
Indiana, PA 15701

One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


Indiana Borough 1912 Municipal Building

map icon
39 North Seventh Street
Indiana, PA 15701

One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


IUP Breezedale

map icon
Located On IUP Campus


One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


IUP John Sutton Hall

map icon
On IUP Campus
Indiana, PA 15701

One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


James Mitchell House

map icon
57 South Sixth Street
Indiana, PA 15701

One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


John B. McCormick House

map icon
West of Georgeville Off Route 210 Near Smicksburg


One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


Kintersburg Bridge

map icon


Kintersburg BridgeKintersburg Bridge was built in 1877 and named for Isaac Kinter, a local shopkeeper. J.S. Fleming erected the bridge over Crooked Creek at a cost of $893. The Kintersburg Bridge is the only Howe truss bridge in Indiana County and one of only five Howe truss bridges remaining in the state of Pennsylvania. It is 68 feet long.


Old Indiana County Courthouse

map icon
601 Philadelphia Street
Indiana, PA 15701

One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


Old Indiana County Jail and Sheriff's Office

map icon
Behind old Court House
Indiana, PA 15701

One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


Saltsburg Historical District

map icon
Roughly from Plum and Walnut Alleys over to the Kiskiminetas River


One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


Silas M. Clark House

map icon
200 South Sixth Street
Indiana, PA 15701

One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


St. Peter's Episcopal Church and Rectory

map icon
38 West Campbell Street
Blarisville, PA 15717

One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.


Thomas Bridge

map icon


Thomas BridgeThe Thomas Bridge was built in 1879 at a cost of $545 and completely reconstructed in 1998 at a cost of slightly more than $1 million dollars. Amos Thomas built the original bridge, which is the longest of the Indiana County covered bridges at a length of 75 feet. The original bridge was constructed with town lattice trusses. The Thomas Bridge crosses over Crooked Creek near Yarnick's Farm Market. The bridge was also known as Thomas Ford Bridge - prior to the construction of the bridge, there was a fording stream crossing at this location. When the railroad was constructed in this area in the early 1900's the bridge was also known as Thomas Station Bridge.


Trusal Bridge

map icon


Trusal BridgeThe oldest of Indiana County's covered bridges is the Trusal Bridge, built in 1870 (also known as Dice's Bridge). At 41 feet long, the Trusal Bridge is the shortest of Indiana County's covered bridges. It was named after Robert Trusal, a nearby property owner. It is considered a companion bridge to Harmon Bridge and is located on the south branch of Plum Creek just off Five Points Road. Trusal Bridge is located about one-half mile downstream of the Harmon Bridge.


West Wheatfield Township Bridge

map icon
West Wheatfield Township, over Richards Run near Robinson


One of Indiana County's sites on the National Register of Historic Places.